Endnote Web Citation Tool
What EndNote Web is:
- A place to create and keep a library of citations
- A tool to format bibliographies in a variety of styles – including MLA, APA, Turabian, & Chicago
- A place to take and keep notes concerning specific citations
- A tool that is available to you anywhere you have Internet access
- A resource that is free to you while you are at the University
What EndNote Web is NOT:
- A place that you can keep full text articles
- A place to write papers or articles
- EndNote Web is not the exact same product as EndNote X
- A very simple tool to learn – EndNote Web will take some time to get to know
- EndNote Web will not format everything perfectly – you will need to review each citation and make corrections if necessary
Create Your Account
Create an Account in EndNote Web
If you are a University of Northern Colorado student, faculty or staff, you can create an EndNote Web account at no charge to you. You must create your EndNote Web account while on a campus computer. After you create the account on campus, you will be able to access it from around the globe.
Create your Endnote Web account on the UNC campus:
1. Online, navigate to the University Libraries homepage: http://library.unco.edu.
2. Click on the link Databases A-Z.
3. Click on E.
4. Click on the link to Endnote Web.
5. Click on Sign Up.
6. Fill out the form and be careful to follow the rules for the password setup;
all fields denoted by red asterisks are required fields.
Congratulations – you now have an EndNote Web account you can access from anywhere!